Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Using Career Advancement Covenants to Safeguard Non-Financial Executive Pay

Last month, on May 26, 2021, CEOWorld magazine published an article I wrote on “Using Career Advancement Covenants to Safeguard Non-Financial Executive Pay”.

This new article is designed for CEOs, C-level and senior executives, who, on occasion, may accept less in salary, bonus and equity in favor of non-financial compensation that is sometimes more important. Some of the examples of such non-financial compensation listed in the my article are:

  • Assignments in a new field where you have little prior experience,
  • Face time with valued contacts,
  • Exposure for your work, showcasing your skills in your industry,
  • Basing your work in a desired location,
  • Access to technology or markets, back license of technology.

The article then highlights two examples of C-level and senior executive clients of mine, who in recent representations chose non-financial compensation to advance their careers, building their resumes for future rewards, the first becoming CFO and Chief Accounting Officer for a company to go public, the other for my client to become a first time CEO.

Finally, my article discusses how, in each case, special covenants and agreement terms were included and are mentioned in my article to assure my clients that either they got the experience or resume value they were seeking or could resign for good reason and trigger severance.

To see my full CEOWorld magazine. article, go to LINK: https://ceoworld.biz/2021/05/26/using-career-advancement-covenants-to-safeguard-non-financial-executive-pay/

Or on my website at https://www.executiveemploymentattorney.com/using-career-advancement-covenants-to-safeguard-non-financial-executive-pay/

This was my 34th article published in CEOWORLD since 2016. Previously, the editor advised that I can use “Featured in the CEOWORLD magazine” and the CEOWORLD “Logo” on my website and add CEOWORLD magazine in my LinkedIn profile’s “Experience Section” as an “Opinion Columnist.” and authority in the field.

On its own initiative, CEOWOLRD magazine created on their website a library of Robert Adelson published articles. You can peruse this library and/or read as many of my 34 published articles as you wish. See https://ceoworld.biz/author/robert-adelson/

It is my hope that this article will be of benefit to CEOs, C-level and senior executives who at some point in their career might be considering an opportunity to advance their career that might involve financial sacrifice or other risks and may want to consider review of their executive employment contract to give the best assurance of gaining those career for which a price will be paid. So, my hope is that this article will offer insights on these important matters. Feel free to tweet or share this article. If you or any colleague of yours has a need in this area, please do reach out to me at rob@attorneyadelson.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment